Re: AT LAST family

In a message dated 4/15/2004 8:48:44 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
here are the results of the AT LAST X LUELLA DEE
seedlings that bloomed.  My doubt is that I mixed the pods and what I may be
seeing is really AT LAST X ANACRUSIS.  ANACRUSIS is the small one in the
right hand corner.  I posted two of the seedlings to the list, but not the
other two.

It's great to see the variation you got from that cross.  I haven't produced this many siblings from a single cross of AT LAST, but I did go back through records involving its sibs and half sibs and found an interesting pattern for the family as a whole.

When the half-bred mate is relatively light, JV and its offspring have produced a wide range of colors.  In fact, the dark sibling that most closely resembles ANACRUSIS is a color and pattern that turns up in these crosses.

When the half-bred parent is relatively dark, there's still a wide range of colors but the darker ones clearly dominate and I have no records of white standards such as you obtained.

I do have one very interesting cross of CLOUDS OF JOY x JOINT VENTURE, which has produced only sparkling white standards so far.  Sorry I'm not as good as you are at putting together composites.

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Links