Re: put a sock on it

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] put a sock on it
  • From: "James Ennenga" jrennenga@outdrs.net
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:33:29 -0500

Way to Go!! Sure looks like a good idea to me. I use women's hose for a
different reason. When my wife and daughters get runs in their hose, they
give them to me. Then when I get a pod going, I cover it with a nylon sock.
It keeps the verbena bud moth from chewing holes in the pod and laying eggs
in it, and if the pod opens before I see it splitting, all seeds are safe in
the sock.

Jim in Knoxville
Zone 7