another AB seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] another AB seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:14:38 -0500

This one is ZERZURA X DESERT MOONLIGHT.  Exactly what I expected and also
what I hoped for.  This is a dull cross for me.  Not as much fun as the TB X
AB or wilder crosses.  However, for once I was after something specific.  Of
all those in this color pattern, DM is my favorite.  It just has been a
better, more consistant performer without any snaking and really good
substance.  Though I get things via its pollen, it won't set seeds for me.
So I was hoping for a plant with some of the DM characteristics that would
set a pod.  This one will work just fine if it will.  It bloomed today in
wind blowing from 25-35mph.  It's still standing and so are the standards.
No sign of the weak standards or occasional (not often) snaking of Z.   DM
traits.  There are a dozen or so siblings that probably won't bloom this
year.  So maybe enough will have what I want and also be readily pod

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image