Re: OT photo request

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] OT photo request
  • From: willwarner@alltel.net
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:20:03 -0500

Dave, Here is a pic of MTB Doll Ribbons:
(M. Dunderman, R. 1977). Sdlg. X105. MTB, 20" (51 cm), M.
"White with narrow dark violet-blue plicata edging around all petals;
white beard, light yellow in center, T432 purple: (Tid-Bit x N620 purple)
X T67 dark blue-violet: (K245 blue x N622 dark purple). Dunderman
1978."
The plic edge is very very faint here. What edge it shows seems more red
violet than the description.  I've noticed many things are lighter here.
It's planted in full sun too, which I'm sure doesn't help. I think I'll
divide
the clump this summer, and plant half somewhere else to see if it looks
any different.  This one came from Aitkens several years ago, it's no
longer listed it in the catalog.
Hope this helps.
Will Warner
SW MO zone 6

> From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
> Date: 2005/04/09 Sat PM 03:13:43 CDT
> To: <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [iris-photos] OT photo request
>
> Does anyone have photos of 'Doll Ribbons', 'Ellaine Hall', 'Lady Belle',
or 'Violet Corsage'?  All are MTBs.  I've seen photos of all but the last,
but
the photos were all of very poor quality.  I think I have a photo of 'Doll
Ribbons' from my garden, but I would like to compare, as the tag was
switched, and I would like to be absolutely certain that is really what the
plant is.

> Also, I don't have access to newer AIS checklists right now, and am
wondering if anyone can relate the year of introduction and pedigree of
'Ellaine Hall'.