my favorite AT LAST sdlg

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] my favorite AT LAST sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:03:37 -0500

I liked all six, but this is the one I like the best.  This is just a
portion of what is blooming.  Not too bad for a 3 year old plant.  The
camera refuses to pick up the odd, smooth blending that comprises the color,
but it has no trouble with the effect of the beard and the underlying color
the beard sits on.  Compared to all the other irises I grow, this one seems
distinctive, particularly because of the beard.  It's an eyecatcher for the
visitors that have seen it.  This clump is what's left after all the high
winds this week, including today.

So how you other folks that grow seedlings decide about them?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image