Re: Re: mistake/1st Edge of Eden

>>But I have another wish.... I wish that John would INCREASE the
>>recommended photo size.
>I don't think we're at odds here.  The key is 'recommended'.  The
>recommended size could be increased and Chris could still lower the
>limit on what the list would accept.  The first photo of EDGE OF
>EDEN is unacceptably large even for dsl or cable modem.  If the list
>recognized that and sent it back to the sender as too large, it
>wouldn't be sitting there waiting for the unwary to attempt to view
>it in the archives.

Yes! If the list coulld automagically bounce anything over 200k (text
plus photo) that might be helpful. A nice reminder when I, or anyone,
makes an unintended error... But I think most folks are nice when they
"gently" remind us on the list that it was a bit too large...

>Another wish I could have is that an owner of a transmission or John
>would have the ability to edit or delete a posting.  In that
>scenario either myself or John could simply delete my first
>posting.  I wouldn't want the ability to touch anything that anyone
>else posted, but sending a mis-identified photo (I've done that
>without knowing) leaves it in the archives for reference and the
>reference is wrong.  If I could have edited my postings after they
>were sent, then I could either delete or correct the wrong name
>to 'unidentified' or the correct name.

I am not sure but the newly revised yahoogroups may have this ability,
but perhaps it is just for the group moderator/owner. You would have to
have a yahoo id, which adds another level of complexity for the novice
user... so many computer adept people are here, we sometimes forget ease
of use for all...

>I'm not carping about this list, though.  It's a great resource and
>it's time I sent a bit more to Chris to help with the operation and
>maintenance of the list.  I don't know how his donations finally
>went, but I'm sure he hasn't reached the goal yet.  In a world with
>lots of doubtful causes asking for contributions, I have no problem
>with this one.
>Donald Eaves
>Texas Zone 7b, USA
Yep, we are in agreement I think!

Catherine Button    Network Administrator and corporate irritant
cathy@pavcal.com    Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444  Fax: 609-518-3720

Yahoo! Groups Links