RE: Spanish Bolero/Char

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Spanish Bolero/Char
  • From: Lorie Melburn nutsaboutnandays@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 05:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Char,
   I live around Oklahoma Ave. I go to Steins sometimes, and this garden center on 16th and forest home Ave. Do any of these places have different colores Irises? I don't drive, so I am looking for a place that I can get to by bus. I live in a 4 family unit, and the landlord allows me to plant flowers. He said he wished all the tenets made the front look nice the way I do.
   A few years ago, he had someone plant evergreen bushes, but  they never took out the weeds. He has 3 places on the block. I am the only one who has cleared out the weeds in front of my apartment and made it look nice. I got sick of looking at them.The bushes in front of my apartment are also bigger than all the rest of them. I put in wood mulch, and feed the bushes fish water. I also gave them some cow manure compost this year before laying down the mulch. This year, they supplyed the mulch, which I thought was nice.
                                              Lorie