File sizes

  • Subject: [iris-photos] File sizes
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:30:45 -0700

There has been some discussion on the size of picture files sent to the

There have been several occasions lately when very large files have
been sent to the list (presumably by mistake).

I have noted in the list welcome message that the recommended file size
is 50 KB. That is a reasonable size file for a compressed jpg image. It
is not a hard and fast rule, but anything over 100KB will get my
attention and anyone who routinely sends large files will probably hear
from me.

It is in the best interests of the list as a whole. Please pay
attention to the file sizes you send to the list.

If you see a picture that you like a lot and want to see a better
version of the image, write privately to the owner and ask if they have
a higher resolution they can send you.