Re: Spuria seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Spuria seedling
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:40:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Robert

Thank you.  I will look forward to seeing you at the Spuria meeting.  I enjoyed the meeting last year in Fresno.

My spuria would be a winner if it didn't have only 2 buds.  I am hoping that it is because it is first year bloom and maybe there will be more buds next year.  Do you think that it is possible?

See you in St. Louis.
Jan

Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Dear Jan; Welcome to Iris photos. Your red and purple spuria is quite distinctive. If you come to the Spuria meeting at the St Louis Convention I will have a copy of the new illustrated Spuria Checklist and you can check it out. Looks to me like a winner.

Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yes Randy - You helped to baby-sit the spurias from seed to about 6 inches.
Jan

Randy Squires <randysiris@yahoo.com> wrote:
Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I only joined the group about 10 days ago so I have
> been enjoying the pictures and conversations.

Hi Jan,
Welcome to iris-photos.
I'm enjoying your pictures.
I really like your Spuria seedlings. I think the last
time I saw these was when the baby plants were only 6"
tall.

Randy