for Francesca - Dancing Sheik

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] for Francesca - Dancing Sheik
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:15:19 -0500

There isn't a photo with your post in the archives.  It wasn't a matter of
being too dark, just that I don't see the standards as described.  I can
(sort of) see how someone else might describe them that way, though.  Here
are three more views taken some eight hours later after another day of high
winds.  The bloom gets credit for holding up, at least.  Generally when
standards are as open as this it's an invitation for the wind to convert the
bloom into a 'flattie'.

When I choose a photo to post, I'm always trying for accuracy in how it
appears.  So on my monitor, what I've posted is pretty accurate for what I
see in the garden.  I try to avoid too much wearing.  After all, they aren't
born with bug and wind damage.  I quite often can't avoid distortion from
taking a photo under windy conditions.  I'm not willing to cut them in order
to remove the wind factor effects.  I also like some sharpness.  At least
then the pattern is there even if the color on a different monitor isn't
quite the same as I see it on my own monitor.  I sometimes pass up a
'prettier' photo due to it not being accurate enough in color or being not
as sharp as I prefer.

As for using my photos, you know you are welcome.  When I post something to
this forum, anyone is welcome to use my photos however they wish.  I try not
to duplicate postings too often, but if I think one is clearly better than
what I've posted before, then I'll do that.  I knew this didn't have an
associated photo in the ASI Checklist, but wanted to qualify the name in
hopes someone else could verify it as likely or as impossible as the case
might be.  You can see here that the falls sharply recurved as the day went
along.  Usually the opposite happens and they relax as they age.  This one
didn't.  That might be a characteristic of DS that someone who has grown it
might know.  I'd have to look up my records to see my source for obtaining
it, if that would help.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links