TB: Spirit World

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Spirit World
  • From: willwarner@alltel.net
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:30:25 -0500

Blooming today, at the same time as it's child Silent Wings.  I really like
this
iris, the name helps too, gives it a mystical quality.  We've had terrible
weather here in SW MO.  It's been really dry, drought last summer too.
Temps got up into the 90's whild stalks were just coming up.  The SDB iris
hated the temps and folded fast.  The heat also caused flower eating bugs to
come out early, usually they only ravage the late flowering iris here.  Some
flowers are stunted, like when a stalk is cut, and later flowers bloom
smaller.
I don't know if it's the drought or the heat causing that?  A few like
Spririt
World and Silent Wings, are performing much better than others.  Early
seedlings are starting to bloom.  Getting excited. :)
 Will Warner
SW MO
Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Links