HYB: haft markings

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: haft markings
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:57:39 -0400

Maybe a better subject line would be haft color.

This year, I'm trying to pay closer attention to presence of white on
hafts of falls because I really dislike the dark haft markings (dark
veins) on white or light colored ground (tissue between veins) and am
starting to get a <lot> of seedlings with annoying zebra stripes to the
end of the beard.

I've discovered that everything I grow has some white or very light
color on the haft.  Some have enough ruffling on the standards to hide
most of the white if it doesn't extend very far.  Some have some
speckles of color that makes the white less conspicuous.  Even HELLO
DARKNESS has some lighter coloring at the base of the haft.

This seedling has about as close to no white as anything I could see.

Any of the rest of you have observations about white on hafts and
getting rid of it or reducing it you have time/inclination to share?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image