  • Subject: Re: Re: AB: CHILDSONG X ZERZURA - #2
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:58:25 -0700 (PDT)

Wind Shadows and Fancy Work are both listed at 40" and mine usually were.  The interesting thing was Fancy Work always stood tall and Wind Shadows wandered on curved stems parallel to the ground.  Actually, I loved these last because they made wonderful stalks to arrange for shows.
At the other extreme, Smoke with Wine and Fairy Goblin are listed at 12".  Interesting range.  Would they be called ABD?
Thanks for all info,
Jan in Chatsworth

donald <donald@eastland.net> wrote:

Elm is about the best person I know to address the question of arilbred
medians or arilmeds. As for the median class of bearded iris I can
only say that most don't do well here. A few IBs have managed okay,
but not too many. Arilbreds actually fill the slot of the medians
here. They are both smaller and earlier than the TBs. The tallest
reach TB height, but usually the lower range, most common height seems
to be from around 18" to 28". Like all registration heights of all
types, few grow to the registered height for me. Certainly not with
any consistency.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Recent Activity