Re: Re: AB: Arilmedians

  • Subject: Re: Re: AB: Arilmedians
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 06:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

As yet there is no "official" category or definition
for Arilmedian. Common sense dictates that it would be
an arilbred that fell within the median size range.
Usually everything below that size is included because
it does not seem that we have a arilminiature class.
It is probably time that the Aril Society and the
Median Society work out a definition. For the 50th
anniversary issue of the Median checklists there will
be a section listing arilmedians. Obviously the above
common sense definition was used. There has always
been an interest in smaller plants and the median
society is one of the largest sections. Searching for
smaller Iris is what brought me to the Iris Society.
Tall Iris are commonplace and can be found anywhere
but smaller Iris are still relatively unknown outside
of societies. Of course arils of all sizes have always
been special and that is especially true of
arilmedians.

--- Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Donald,
>
> I see that Elm speaks about arilmedians so I guess
> I was remembering correctly that they existed. I
> know that Shariffa (spelled it incorrectly in the
> last message) was always less than 24". Could it be
> a median?
>
> Jan in Chatsworth
>
> donald <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> Three stalks - and more to go. The stalks are about
> 14" tall, the
> bloom probably 3" or less. I usually am aiming for
> at least the lower
> end of TB height in my AB stalks. CHILDSONG is
> smaller and I think
> this will probably settle in around the same size.
> It will probably be
> smaller in subsequent seasons. Much shorter and
> smaller than any of
> the other seedlings blooming this year. Really good
> stalks here -
> straight and sturdy.
>
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas Zone 7b, USA
>

> ---------------------------------
> Need Mail bonding?
> Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo!
> Answers users.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group