AB: STRIPED BUTTERFLY X DESERT FURY

  • Subject: AB: STRIPED BUTTERFLY X DESERT FURY
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:00:53 -0500

Earlier this year I posted a freeze damaged photo of this one that was taken
last year. Essentially it doesn't look much different in the 2nd year. My
first weed!! I was having to lean way across an incredibly huge clump and
deal with the wind to get this shot. So naturally I missed some of the
bloom. I wish they'd all grow like this. Interesting pattern. The area
below the lines at the beard are black lines that run together to form a
black area that overlays a dark red purple color. those colors go nearly
half way down the falls on a bloom that is a rich blue purple. Not a quiet
color scheme, very strong colors. With the size of the clump and the number
of stalks it should put on a show in a couple of days. Hopefully it will
set pods like the bloom did last year.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA