AB: broken color sdlg

  • Subject: AB: broken color sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 07:58:53 -0500

Well, I figured I might as well look at the photos from this year. Sleet is
covering the roof here and one forecast is calling for a high of 32F today.
Supposed to be record lows for the date. Probably enough to finish the iris
season before the TBs managed to bloom. They change the forecast hourly it
seems, but not to improve it.

Here is a seedling from TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN X SCOTCH GOLD. Have several
from this cross and was seeing four bloom for the first time. One from a
previous season was a really murky combo of broken colors on both standards
and falls. One of the rare plants of the type I got rid of after it failed
to set pods after several seasons. This one only has the broken color on
the falls. The detail shows it with less size reduction. I was hoping to
get a photo of one without hail damage. Lots of buds being frozen today to
prevent that, so this shows it best. A large bloom with round falls.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group