Re: Color info ?

  • Subject: Re: Color info ?
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:05:41 -0700

the rhs (Royal Horticultural Society) color chart is not specific to
any flower. (The Azalea Society just happens to have a great page for
displaying it) The same chart is often used by hybridizers to specify
the colors, however it is not a requirement for registration.

The other thing is of course that the colors that you see on the screen
while on the Azalea site are adjusted (read changed) by the color
profile of your computer and monitor.

On Apr 7, 2007, at 7:48 AM, Linda Smith wrote:

>  http://www.azaleas.org/index.pl/rhsmacfan4.html
>  Has anyone ever used this and is there a similar one for iris.  I
> tried to find Donald's last white on fan 4 of the azalea chart and
> came up w somewhere in the range of RHS 157's.
> This chart doesn't seem to cover the white's very well as best I know
> about it now.
> • Is there a better color chart on line for iris??
> I'm still struggling w the color on Aladdin's Flame and best I've come
> to is RHS 154C Fan 3 while holding the flower next to my computer.  (I
> think the poor little bloom is radioactive now.)
> Anyone have any suggestions.??
> Linda in AZ
> <stampa_chubbicons_girl_link.gif>

Recent Activity