Re: AB: broken color seedling

  • Subject: Re: AB: broken color seedling
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:26:02 -0000

Exsisting crosses are just fine. Generally I'm not interested in
crosses of classic plicatas with classic plicata unless they produce
some very interesting seedlings such as a broken colour or luminata etc.

As collecting data is a cumulative thing, five offspring shuld be
enough, as I will be (hopefully) looking at many sets of data.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Autmirislvr@... wrote:
> In a message dated 4/6/2007 6:09:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,

> Chuck, are you asking for pictures of seedlings from existing
crosses? If
> so, what type in particular? I've not made any of these a goal,
but such
> seedlings exist none the less. How many siblings would constitute
a noteworthy
> sampling? Are you looking for straight classic x classic crosses
or would you
> be interested in out crosses to variegatas, bi-tones, etc.?
> The freezing temperatures may very well ruin all plicata related
bloom for
> this year. Even though temperatures have not been noted below 30
degrees some
> damage is already apparent in the young tender buds.
> Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---If you don't cross them, you
> plant them!
> Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
> Where the seeds are in the pots once again!
> _www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/_
> (http://www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/)
> _Reblooming Iris - Home Page_ (http://www.rebloomingiris.com/)
> _iris-photos archives_ (http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/)