CULT: potted irises

  • Subject: CULT: potted irises
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:23:50 -0400

And last for now, the plants in pots. Some of these are my seedlings,
others are new purchases from last year. PURPLE SERENADE came thru with
no apparent damage, as did several other new ones from S. No comment on
the others, except for NEW DAY DAWNING. I wouldn't point this one out,
except I bragged on how well it was coping with our awful weather this
winter. Once it warmed up and started raining, however, it rotted &
what was left was finished off by the freeze....

The tulips in the foreground seem to be ok - they are Triumph types,
which years ago, I found were much more tolerant of this kind of freeze
than other strains I've tried (Cottage & Darwin). Unfortunately,
usually harder to find in the local stores, but last year Lowe's had 3
different Triumph types.

Will try to find some comparisons of covered and uncovered individual
cultivars/seedlings to post.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group