Re: AB: beepod babies

  • Subject: Re: AB: beepod babies
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:13:40 -0000

>Mainly - - I just get rid of them - afraid the results would be too
>disappointing. It's a long time to wait for something that may turn
>out nothing but "dogs".

Has to do with expectations, so getting rid of them is probably your
best approach. I've never had a beepod on an AB and get very few on
TBs. Since I like to have TB seedlings growing among AB seedlings for
growth comparison, beepods work as well as anything else. Since many
years there aren't any, I usually make TB X TB crosses to ensure I have
them. The result is that I've now planted and bloomed all the known
beepods. Results are variable. Some are pretty nice if the pod parent
is newer and pretty nice itself. Those from older things are pleasant
and sometimes a jump up a couple of decades, but not what you'd want
normally. Unless I have a contaminated cross stored, it's been three
seasons since I've had a beepod here. This was not maiden bloom on
these plants. I've had them now for several seasons.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever