  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:07:40 -0500

Missing two standards. It didn't get lined out 'til the end of last summer,
so I'm not surprised. I'm surprised to have the plant bloom at all. Maybe
another bud will have all the parts and it probably won't drop parts when
the plant is mature. Two views of the bloom. I expected mud, but it really
isn't. Like the ones Mike Sutton posted, the rim changes from yellow gold
at the top to mauve at the bottom. The one standard is also mauve, which is
the color on the underside of the falls. The falls are near white at the
top and gradually shade to a light lavender being the darkest shade of
lavender at the bottom. Clearly it picked up the lace from 'Lumiere
D'Automne' Lots of width on the falls, but the standard is pretty short for
the length and width of the falls. I have to say here that mauve is not one
of my favorite colors, nor is pale lavender. I do like how all this went
together though. Will be interesting to see a normal bloom.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group