Re: OT Cult: rattle snakes like irises too

  • Subject: Re: OT Cult: rattle snakes like irises too
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" <chrisdarlington@videotron.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:28:48 -0000

Margie,

I always wondered why you had this type of fencing, know I know ! Be
careful out there ! My biggest worry out here is how close I've seen
Black Bears from the house. I keep a keen eye out when I'm walking
through the woods.

Chris

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@...>
wrote:

> Margie -- Unless you just prefer not to have any snakes around,
the king snake is very beneficial. Besides consuming rodents, he is
also quite inimical to other snakes, including the poisonous
varieties. A very handsome reptile, as well. -- Griff

> Zone 7 along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, in Virginia

days ago I took a photo of this "aggressive" Rattle Snake. We see
rattlesnakes on a regular basis.........but not all of them are
aggressive.

> I'm declaring that this one is "aggressive" because it
first "rattled" at me, and even though I proceeded to retreat - - it
came chasing after me anyway. (The rattle and chase incident
happened about 5 minutes prior to taking this photo.)

> The Arizona desert is home of many snakes. The ones I've
personally seen (and have had picked up and relocated by our fire
department ) are Black Racers, Bull Snakes, King Snakes, and Rattler
Snakes.

> Note the black and white "bar rattle" on the back of this one - -
attempting to get into one of my iris gardens. Yes, rattle snakes
likes irises too! :-)

> ~ Margie V.
> Oro Valley, AZ.

__._,_.___