Re: AB: sdlg - blue/green detail

  • Subject: Re: AB: sdlg - blue/green detail
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 19:10:57 -0000

So, Thomas, you're seeing it in the styles at the diploid level.
That's really interesting. I wonder if hybridizers/daubers have seen
this and approached bringing out the color before. I'm not familiar
with any efforts if they have, but that doesn't mean it hasn't
happened. Here I've only seen the effect in arilbreds, but obviously
it occurs in other bearded classes as well. I know some folks aren't
wildly enthusiastic about a green iris and, to some extent, I agree.
But teal, peacock blue and peacock green, turquoise aren't altogether
green per se. I also think forest green, grass green and Kelly green
would be wonderful colors to use as accents with other colors. White
and pink both come to mind. How about a white ground plicata done in a
shade of green?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA