Re: CULT: is this pineapple?

  • Subject: Re: CULT: is this pineapple?
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 19:04:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Christian,

No, that is not pineappling.  When an iris pineapples it has several short stems of flowers and jammed up, very short leaves.  Your picture is of an asexual reproductive node.  Someone else will tell you the name of the this which is often found in daylilies.  I am sending a picture which someone else posted on iris photos last year.   Maybe someone else will post a picture of pineappling.  I can't find one in my files.

Jan in Chatsworth