  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:57:48 -0500

An OGB- type seedling. I have a number of seedlings from this cross. This
one stands out because of the veining in the standards. Most of the
siblings have white standards for the most part. Some with understated
veining toward the bottom of the standard's edge, some with a yellow flush,
some just white. So this one caught my eye. It'll be a while before I see
all this cross bloom. Lots of seeds, good germination that took place over
several seasons. They haven't gotten the care it takes to get them to
bloom sooner because there were so many. They've had to make do in crowded
conditions. I may try and move this one and see what happens.

I was lucky last night. The white frost didn't blanket everything. It was
patchy and short-lived. Some open and exposed blooms got bit, some buds a
day or so from opening show some burn. A lot of things seemed to have
escaped altogether. That means what has been a good bloom year will
continue as the TBs get really cranked up. I'm probably about halfway
through the season now. Griff's CAREFREE DAYS has thirteen stalks up in the
clump and every stalk is showing the pale cameo pink buds it displays. It's
outstanding for the buds. I'm not sure I don't like those buds as well or
better than the blooms. I was relieved the frost gave them a miss.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image