TB: what gives?

  • Subject: TB: what gives?
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:21:57 -0500

Yesterday I posted what I dubbed as boring seedling. It was blooming
outside, but I'd cut a stalk in anticipation of a likely freeze and it
bloomed in water inside. The terminal bloom looked the same and is fading
here, but the second bloom is a golden tan. The slight anthocyanin visible
to camera on the second bloom is visible as a darker shade of golden tan to
the naked eye. I assume blooming in water caused this? Why would it leach
out the color like this? I actually like the leached out color better, so
how can I make the plant in the garden do it :)?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image