AB: QUINCINERA

  • Subject: AB: QUINCINERA
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:50:26 -0500

McAllister '98. An OGB+ type AB. First time to have it bloom here. My
source for this warned me that rhizomes got mixed up and it might not bloom
true to name, but I think my rhizome was true. It got planted in a more or
less abandoned area that was started and still to be finished, so it's
contending with greenbriars and assorted weeds. Seems pretty content under
those conditions. I'm not too pleased, but the iris doesn't seem to mind at
all. A really delicate pattern play in delicate shades.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image