HYB: "Clean amoena"

  • Subject: HYB: "Clean amoena"
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:05:14 -0700 (PDT)

Well, the earlier irises are in full swing now here.

Here's a seedling that I like for its clean white color and its super honeysuckle-scent. It's from diploid breeding (KUPARI x ROSEMARY'S DREAM) X (KUPARI x suaveolens var.rubromarginata)
I probably won't register this one because it's been hovering around Standard Dwarf height (but it doesn't really fit with those) and the bud count and branching are not so great. But still, it's got a lot of potential as a breeder. And I'll probably always keep it for the smell if nothing else!