Re: HYB: germination
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: germination
  • From: "rose kinnard" <rkinnard@minesmo.org>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:18:12 -0700

Hi Griff-
That is a beautiful seedling-and rebloom makes it even better.
I have about a dozen MDB's in bloom today and last count of seedlings there are over 600 up, with the TB crosses just as early as the DD crosses.  Not my typical growth pattern either.  I have several buds showing on Loic seed crosses from 08-both are DD crosses and I am anxiously waiting to see what they bring.  Will post pictures as soon as they will smile for my camera.
Rose Kinnard
Fredericktown, Mo
Zone 6
-----Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: germination

  As to germination, this is a weird year!  Only two shoots up yet from any of the new pots, and those involve TB crosses.  Nothing yet from the little ones.  The reverse of the normal sequence.  But there is rampant germination in several holdover pots!  So, we never know what Mother Nature has in store.  --  Griff