Re: CULT: VARDA GORGE
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: CULT: VARDA GORGE
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Donald,
I hadn't noticed that. So I went back and looked and see what you mean.
But I can't claim that it was intentional - it was totally by lucky accident. I guess that's what squatting down real low with the old 2 megapixel camera will do for ya!

And we usually get seesaw weather in the Springs too, but not usually quite as hot on the upswings, and usually quite a bit colder on the downswings. So I'm not complaining - at least nothings getting frozen!

As for wind... we're kind of sitting on a knoll in the middle of a bunch of open space, so we have to nail down anything that we don't want to fly away. That's one of the main reasons why I don't grow too many of the taller irises. All the TB's end up tilted sideways (sometimes all the way to the ground) if I don't stake 'em. I've planted a bunch of windbreak trees but they're just not growing fast enough to make any difference yet.

At least we don't get the kind of extreme heat that you guys get.

By the way, I've really been enjoying your recent posts of your arilbred seedlings. Neat stuff!

Tom

Donald wrote:

This photo almost looks like a painting. Nice!

Your weather sounds like our usual seesaw conditions. Hope you don't start getting winds too.

Donald Eaves