Re: Blooming in my garden - Struck Twice
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Blooming in my garden - Struck Twice
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:25:16 -0500

Morning Jan and all.

I can't exactly say what the temperature dips were, as I wasn't tracking them at that time.  But this year, after a few weeks of steadily rising temps into the 60's F and above, with active growth showing, the temps have suddenly dipped to below 30F over the last few days, with a light frost.  If buds were forming, I'd expect some to be 4 and more falls.

The last few years, there have been quite a few throwing extra falls, whereas in the past, it's only been SDB Sarah Taylor that often does it.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3