Re: TB: I. germanica
  • Subject: Re: TB: I. germanica
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:49:02 -0500

It was IB Chatterbox, sold to me as SDB Pixie Princess.  I had Chatterbox growing in one of my nursery beds, in similar conditions to my other sunny spots in the garden.  I leave new iris in the nursery beds til they've bloomed and I can confirm their id before moving them out into the landscape.
I remember I was just lollygagging about, putting off that neverending weeding task, when it struck my brain that I'd just seen that iris blooming somewhere else.  Normally, I'm quite aware of which iris I want to compare to others, but this one in the nursery wasn't even on my compare list.
Luckily, I had my trusty little garden fanny pack, with my scissors, so I hopped up into the bed, nipped off a stalk and dashed to the other side of the garden, and voila!
El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3