Re: AB: the experimental family
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: the experimental family
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:49:23 -0000

There will be no reciprocal crosses. None of the four plants produced pollen. Might be weather since lack of rain was clearly affecting that, but I think not. At least this first year it was just something they didn't do. Unfortunately that isn't a characteristic I've seen change in subsequent seasons. Many OGB- type plants don't produce pollen, though some do. There are also a number of balanced amphidiploids that don't produce pollen. At least here. Looks like pods are forming on the second one to bloom and the pods on the first plant are growing large rapidly. Hopefully they contain viable seed.

Donald