Re: re: Help: Rhizome/stalk question
  • Subject: Re: re: Help: Rhizome/stalk question
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:31:24 -0500

Not scorch.  That gets everything and I hope never to see it again.  Because
this nearly always occurs on a rhizome that would've/should've bloomed after
it's been transplanted, I've speculated that stalk/bud formation was injured
and the rhizome then puts the remaining energy into the attached increase.
Along the same lines I've wondered if the move caused the increase to get
priority over bloom as the surest means of survival for the plant and suck
too much energy from the main rhizome for it to bloom.  In either case it
acts much like a rhizome after bloom is finished but still provides some
food and energy to the increase.  I think it won't be a problem next year on
these transplants.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

the control of the moderator of this list. Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)