  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:06:48 -0500

A couple of days ago I expressed my ambiguous attitude toward OGB- type
iris. This Jim Washington intro of one of my seedlings has all the things
that raise my doubts. IMO it's neither a good AB nor a good TB as the
criteria for those read. What it is, though, is a good garden plant without
respect to those criteria. So even though I'd told myself I wouldn't put
one out for the market, when the project was proposed to send some of my
stuff out for evaluation, it got put in the pool. And it got selected
first. Couldn't have been a more appropriate choice. It's the sort of
plant I've grown in great numbers and a perfect example of my too often poor
record keeping. It's starting to bloom now with along with the TBs. In
most ways, that's the category it fits best. It's an old familiar face to
me now and I still like it.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image