From: John Jones jijones@usjoneses.com [iris-photos]
<iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
To: iris-photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 27, 2015 10:56 am
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT:[iris] Bug Problem

The problem is occurring in Los Altos CA, across the bay (San Francisco
bay that is) from me and I doubt they got a freeze, let alone a hard
freeze.

Thanks

John
__________________
John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorders, American Iris Society
aisregistrar@irises.org

John Jones, Chairman, Electronic Services Committee
aiselectronicsvcs@irises.org

35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536

[iris-photos] <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> This happens here a lot because of the erratic late winter/spring
> temperatures. A hard freeze (lower 20s F) less than 6 or 8 weeks
before
> TBs are due to bloom will kill the buds. The stalks may continue to
> grow and look normal, sometimes producing what looks like they be
> flowers, but eventually the buds turn brown and either turn to mush
or
> dry up. resulting in 'blasted' buds. They certainly are blasted!
>
> My best guess is that's what's happening, and that the bugs are just
> there to eat the dead stuff.
>
> What part of the country/world is this in?
>
> Linda Mann east TN

> Statements made on and attachments (including but not limited to
photographs of irises or people) sent to this list are the sole
responsibility of the individual participants and are not endorsed by,
or attributable to, or under the control of the moderator of this list.