Re: Re: CULT:[iris] Bug Problem
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

The problem is occurring in Los Altos CA, across the bay (San Francisco bay
that is) from me and I doubt they got a freeze, let alone a hard freeze.

Thanks

John
__________________
John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorders, American Iris Society
aisregistrar@irises.org

John Jones, Chairman, Electronic Services Committee
aiselectronicsvcs@irises.org

35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536

> On Apr 27, 2015, at 4:48 AM, Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com [iris-photos]
> <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> This happens here a lot because of the erratic late winter/spring
> temperatures.  A hard freeze (lower 20s F) less than 6 or 8 weeks before
> TBs are due to bloom will kill the buds.  The stalks may continue to
> grow and look normal, sometimes producing what looks like they be
> flowers, but eventually the buds turn brown and either turn to mush or
> dry up.  resulting in 'blasted' buds.  They certainly are blasted!
>
> My best guess is that's what's happening, and that the bugs are just
> there to eat the dead stuff.
>
> What part of the country/world is this in?
>
> Linda Mann east TN
>

> ------------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Statements made on and attachments (including but not limited to
> photographs of irises or people) sent to this list are the sole
> responsibility of the individual participants and are not endorsed by, or
> attributable to, or under the control of the moderator of this list.
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links

the control of the moderator of this list.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)