[PHOTO] Re: Bayberry Candle | Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:10:24" />

[PHOTO] Re: Bayberry Candle

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Bayberry Candle
  • From: William Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 20:09:33 -0500

Here's another pic of Bayberry Candle as it appeared for me this year. It's a really unusual color, I think. Very distinctive from anything else I grow. I wasn't too keen on it the first year it bloomed for me, but it sort of grows on you....I like it more each year, it seems. Color seems to vary a lot depending on light conditions to me. Sometimes a distinctly greenish cast, other times not. Like I said, pretty distinctive, I think. Not everybody's cup of tea, though.....My nephew's reaction to the first bloom after I gave a rhizome to my brother, "Wow, Dad, that sure is an ugly iris!"

Bill Wells

Kitty Johnston wrote:
I just loveyour photo of Bayberry Candle.  I ordered it and it came
yesterday. I had never seen a photo just took the description as what I
wanted. It is lovely to see what it really looks like. Does it grow well
for you?

Christopher Darlington wrote:

Two older varieties

Bayberry Candle DeForest 69
Unicorn Austin 54 ( I didn't realize the cat was there until I opened
the envelope)

If these older ones could speak, I wonder what kind of stories they'd
have to tell. I love the older irises too.

Access your PC just like Web Mail