file size terms?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] file size terms?
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:48:02 -0400

> 3 X 5 or so (at 72 dpi) is what I have always recommended for this
list.  >
 > John   List owner iris-talk and iris-photos

<When I read the  properties on both pictures the larger picture is the
smaller file.
Smaller picture 500 X 375   44351 bytes  Horizontal res 300 Vertical
300
Larger picture  648 X 486   16996 bytes  Horizontal res  72   Vertical
72
The problem I worry about since both file are small enough to  download
fast is A person with a 14" screen having to scroll to see  the big
picture. The 3" X 5" would work best.   Mike Greenfield >

Help!  I don't see any 3" X 5" in the two scenarios.  I need help
translating....Now I've got the software, but am having trouble making
the leap from dpi to inches per monitor.  The smaller picture in the
above example has higher dpi, right?  That's the horizontal & vertical
resolution.  And the first numbers are image size?  500 (hundredths of
inches?) X 375 (hundredths of inches?)?  So that's 5" X 3.75"?  With the
horizontal first?

I know I'm supposed to ask for computer help offlist, but you guys
started it....

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tennessee Whooping Crane Walkathon: