Re: TB Stolen Dreams 2

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB Stolen Dreams 2
  • From: "mikeg1310" redear@infinet.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:12:12 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., John I Jones <jijones@u...> wrote:
> Coral wrote:
> >
> > I like the pictures when they are large on the screen.  The
> > file size didn't seem to affect the quality of the picture
> But the larger the picture the larger the file (and the size
increase is
> exponential not linear) and many people with slower modem access
> smaller files.
> 3 X 5 or so (at 72 dpi) is what I have always recommended for this
>                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
>                          |  to indicate the edge of the known world.
> List owner iris-talk and iris-photos
 When I read the  properties on both pictures the larger picture is
the smaller file.

Smaller picture 500 X 375   44351 bytes  Horizontal res 300 Vertical

Larger picture  648 X 486   16996 bytes  Horizontal res  72
Vertical  72

The problem I worry about since both file are small enough to
download fast is A person with a 14" screen having to scroll to see
the big picture. The 3" X 5" would work best.

Mike Greenfield

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now