Re: TB: Jesse's Song

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Jesse's Song
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:27:32 -0700

Linda Mann wrote:

> Well, that didn't work... try attaching the file!

Very nice pic, Linda. It displays at just about 3" across on my screen,
so I would prefer larger for my own selfish purposes, but I realize and
agreee with the need to keep files (and images) small.

Two more general comments: filesize goes with the square of linear
dimension, not as an exponential; Netscape seems to display purely by
pixels, not by size, so a 1" image at 300 dpi will be identical to 4" at
75 dpi (and the size will depend on the pixel size on your display
board/monitor combination).

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@attbi.com
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair and Director, Region 15 RVP

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/2gGylB/TM