{Disarmed} Re: Mixed signals

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos]Mixed signals
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:01:06 -0500

Wow Betty:
One never knows what one might get when it comes to iris!  Very interesting!  Thanks for sharing.

On 8/7/06, Autmirislvr@aol.com <Autmirislvr@aol.com> wrote:

I've seen plant and bloom distortions through the years, but this is a first for me.  I thought I'd share.
This stalk has produced a large number of blooms and all are either missing something or have something extra!   Decided to check for pollen to freeze and found this distorted anther.  No pollen!  Petal or style tissue is growing from the end of the anther.
Although the blooms are opening on this one which is not happening on most just now . . . they are all malformed.
Sorry for the color balance on this but it was the best of the batch.
If you don't cross them, you'll won't have to plant them! Bah! Humbug!! Hot summer!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives