{Disarmed} Re: ADVISE NEEDED ASAP: PLANTING TIME IN THE ARIZONASONORA DESERT/AUG/SEPT,2006

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] ADVISE NEEDED ASAP: PLANTING TIME IN THE ARIZONASONORA DESERT/AUG/SEPT,2006
  • From: Anita Moran avmoran1@earthlink.net
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:31:11 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Here are some links for you
:)
Anita

-----Original Message-----
From: KEITH MINEO
Sent: Aug 22, 2006 10:55 AM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Dear Iris Aficionados,
Thank you all for the photos and information needed to build a healthy garden. I am new at growing irises and will be planting my first garden at end of this month in Surprise, AZ-Sonora desert. It is still hovers at 108 degree until end of sept.  I was told to plant the iris as late in the season as possible. Could y'all give me advise on the usual information such as:

1) How deep to plant the ryzomes.
2) How far apart?
3) how much water is needed and...
4) Time to water i.e. morning/evening
5) Any other information needed

Thank you ever so much. I want my first garden to be as glorious as the wonderful photos y'all share.
I can't wait to have mine bloom so that I may send photos to everyone too..
Sincerely,

Keith