{Disarmed} Re: tiny rhizomes

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] tiny rhizomes
  • From: "Francesca Thoolen" arilpums@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:40:20 -0700

Hi Donald, Now that you have dug up your 'mini' and if you relocate it to another area of the garden it may decide it likes it there and really develop normally. If not it may be a gene break and maybe you have a new line of dwarf AB. Have you searched into its pedigree to see if some dwarf aril genes are at work? e.g. I. urmiensis, I. acutiloba, etc. and what are the 'TB' genes? Are they really tall?