Photo: companion plants

  • Subject: Photo: companion plants
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 07:27:25 -0700

Linda M,

Looking for my photo of orange cosmos, couldn't find.  My back yard was full of them this year. I  remember I had some packs of seeds given to me at master garden convention and throwing them in the garden.  So I guess that's where they came from.  I've never had them before, but they were nice to fill in for the summer.

But this is what one side looks like w all the zinnia's, corn and tomatoes growing on top of the iris.
I trim my iris back so I can grow other things.  I know some don't believe in that, I'll see what happens next spring.  See if I have any bloom. Last year, I did that and I posted the bloom I had.  It didn't seem to hurt the blooms.  This year though I did divide, so I know I'll have less iris bloom in the spring.
This is the first time I've decided to grow corn though.

I doing it as an experiment.  There's been chat, that corn and iris don't mix, so thought I'd see.

LS Garden in Aug 09 (6)-

Linda in CW AZ

JPEG image