Re: [iris] COMP: trashed - warning
  • Subject: Re: [iris] COMP: trashed - warning
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:09:39 -0400

Linda -- I'm sorry for your bad luck. When Firefox alerted me to the
upgrade, it also noted that some of my programs might be incompatible until
they caught up to Firefox's change. I was able to check which programs/s
were incompatible, and it was my Norton anti-virus program. So, I simply
held off from the upgrade until Norton caught up, which it did within, I
think, 24 hours. Then I could upgrade safely, and did. I reasoned that
there was less to lose from holding off the browser upgrade than risking my
anti-virus coverage. I mention this in case others on our list might face
the same choice. -- Griff

Griffin's Den