Re: Re:Hardy louisiana

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re:Hardy louisiana
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 19:22:31 -0400

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
>
>Edmundas,
>
>How big is this plant?  Do you have a photo of the clump?  It looks like a
>hybrid.  The red color indicates I. fulva or nelsonii in the background.
>It's hardiness would suggest I. brevicaulis in there too.  The photo looks
>like the stalk is leaning a lot - another indicator of brevicaulis.
>
>Rodney

My thinking too.  I tried to look up a photo of Dorothea K. Williamson to
compare, but unfortunately couldn't find it.  :(

But if I recall correctly, DKW also had a similar "spidery" form to it's
flowers (long narrow petals).

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com

Transfer your big list to ONElist and earn $500!
For program details, go to