Re: Hardy louisiana

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Hardy louisiana
  • From: "Edmundas Kondratas" <stogutis@kaunas.omnitel.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:17:15 -0600

From: "Edmundas Kondratas" <stogutis@kaunas.omnitel.net>

Thanks for all who have cordialy answered my question on Hardy louisiana. I
will pesonaly inform about my future attempts and results.
Our climate comparing with Helsinki is milder in winter and summers are some
warmer too, but I have no exact data about Helsinki climate.

Edmundas Kondratas
Kaunas, Lithuania,  zone 5.

>From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
>> it have zig-zag stems. And description in B.Mathew THE IRIS alow to
>> it is I.brevicaulis.
>> I now grow some hybrid LA seedlings with care from winter freezing inside
>> and hope to do croses with those hardy to have improvement both for
>> hardiness and flower.
>     I would suspect that it is almost certainly some type of Iris
>brevicaulis.  Good luck with those seedlings.  How does your climate
>with Helsinki?
>Mark A. Cook
>Dunnellon, Florida.
>ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.

ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS! Are you getting your ONElist news?
If not, join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here: