Re: holidays, crankiness, & borrowed photos

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: holidays, crankiness, & borrowed photos
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:34:45 -0500

It's the holiday season, time for some crankiness in postings, if we
follow traditions of the last 6 years. <g>  Usually somebody gets all
fluffed up about something here as we approach each major holiday.

I'm glad you decided to remove borrowed photos, Janice - clearly, some
folks are delighted to have their photos used, but like you say, peace
in the family.  Merry Christmas to you too!

One of the tricks I've started using when I download photos either for
my own memory or for showing to customers at our club sales is to
include the source in the name of the file.  For example, the photo I
posted of OCTOBER SPLENDOR is named <october splendor Nicholls
Gardens.jpg>.  That way, when I'm printing them for use at our sale, I
can type up the source of the picture, remember who to ask permission to
use the photo, & if it's a commercial garden, they get a free
advertisement.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8