Re: Rainbow Aril/AB #9 - Wm. Mohr

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Rainbow Aril/AB #9 - Wm. Mohr
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:43:53 EST

       Another sport registered was from Gordon Plough.  He introduced the variety Eastmont, a 1/4 arilbred in 1955.  It was from Snow Flurry x Capitola and was a violet self.  In 1959 he registered (and in 1960 introduced it) a variety named Blue Gate, which he registered as "a sport of Eastmont."  It is described as being "greyed blue-violet to buff grey."  I grew it for years and then lost it due to flooding.  I think a better description would be blue-grey, in fact a smokey blue.  It was a great parent, and I wish it were still available.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here